This just arrived in my inbox … no mention of support for Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1!
Packed with new features to simplify administration and increase productivity! Includes BlackBerry® Monitoring Service for high availability through enhanced monitoring, alert, troubleshooting and reporting capabilities. Enhanced security features include encrypted attachment viewing and increased control over GPS and Bluetooth®. Plus, BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager simplifies upgrades by letting users install and manage software using browser-enabled computers.
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v4.1 Service Pack 5 will be available soon. More details will be published in next month’s issue of BlackBerry Connection.
Register now for these webcasts:
What’s New in BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v4.1 with Service Pack 5 for IBM® Lotus® Domino®: February 20, 2008
What’s New with BlackBerry Enterprise Solution v4.1 Updated with Service Pack 5
With the latest release of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution, your organization gains new wireless capabilities as well as access to enhanced administrative features.
Improve End User Productivity
- Support for HTML and Rich Text email allows BlackBerry smartphone users to receive email messages with their original formatting preserved.
- Users can read email more easily, view embedded images, hyperlinks, tables, bullets, numbering and indentation.
- Free-busy calendar lookup improves meeting scheduling on the go.
- Users can view the meeting attendee availability and automatically find the next available time that attendees can meet.
- Download and edit email attachments in their native file formats for improved productivity while users are away from their desks.
- Users can save file attachments to their BlackBerry smartphones, work on the documents and include them in replies to colleagues
- Advanced instant messaging and presence features include improved address book integration, IM contact “click to call”, IM session “convert to call” and advanced emoticon support.
- Allows coworkers to collaborate and communicate more effectively using their BlackBerry smartphone
- BlackBerry Client for IBM® Lotus® Connections provides social software for business. Learn about a new way to collaborate.
- Your employees can build new connections and communicate and collaborate more easily.
Simplify Management and Support
- BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager is a web-based application that is designed to lower the total cost of ownership for the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution.
- Reduces the number of BlackBerry® software components installed on end-user workstations
- Allows BlackBerry smartphone users to install software and manage their devices using any browser-enabled computer
- BlackBerry® Monitoring Service helps organizations maintain high availability and high performance of their BlackBerry Enterprise Solution infrastructure.
- Provides administrators with enhanced monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting capabilities
- Enables proactive issue identification and resolution