So unless you have had your head in the sand you wll know by now that Toshiba has canned the HD-DVD format and the Sony backed BluRay was won the day (I supposed it had to win something after loosing the Betamax vs. VHS video tape battle)
Anyway the good people over at reghardware have written an Obituary: HD DVD 2002-2008.
It makes a really good read, check it out: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/02/19/ft_hd_dvd_obit/
Okay so came back with this:
- Please Update storport.sys to the latest version (946448), and Hp storport drivers (this can be easily accomplish by
- Update Broadcom nics
- Turnoff TCP Chimney per kb912222 (I believe It’s already turned off)
- Disable Checksum Offloading.
Yeah okay, so we have done, 2,3 and 4. The storport update didn’t make much difference, but this did
So comparing two identical clusters 01 and 03. Both are ProLiant DL585 G2 with Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x86, Exchange 2003 with the latest patches and have four storage groups each. They also have /3GB /USERVA=3030 /BASEVIDEO added to boot.ini
01 is using one HP NC364T PCIe Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter
03 is using one HP NC380T PCIe DP Multifunc Gig Server Adapter and the onboard HP NC371i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter
The NC371i & NC380T are Broadcom NICs while the NC364T are Intel
03 Nonpaged from Task Manager: 88,252
01 Nonpaged from Task Manager: 61,192
As you can see, the Intel cards are much better on Nonpaged memory … now lets see if HP will swap these out!
BTW, the latest Exchange 2003 patches I applied are:
- 887580 When you set a rule to autoforward a double-byte character set e-mail message in Exchange Server 2003, the original DBCS subject line in the header of the message is corrupted
- 908259 Error message when you run the Eseutil command to determine the amount of free space in a database file in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 or in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1: “Usage error: Source database has no streaming file”
- 909068 A meeting request acceptance message from a Lotus Notes user generates an NDR, and the acceptance message is stuck in the local delivery queue in Exchange Server 2003
- 909989 Error message when you log on to Outlook Web Access on an Exchange Server 2003 front-end server: “401”
- 910035 When you generate a Mailbox Manager report in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2, the report displays incorrect mailbox size information and “null”
- 910268 Meetings are unexpectedly moved one hour ahead in the last week of October in Exchange Server 2003
- 910272 The “Sender ID Filtering” feature does not work correctly in an Exchange Server 2003 SP2 server
- 912480 An Exchange Server 2003 server that hosts many Outlook client sessions may run out of paged pool memory
- 914148 Event ID: 1080 occurs every three seconds when you are using Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a clustered environment
- 940012 A stub object is left behind in the source database for certain users after a move mailbox operation is complete in Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2
- This is a great one. We saw this went we move mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2003 and then back again!