Okay so it’s not difficult to install, but as ever I want to share the steps we have used successfully.
So before you start yeah a reboot to start with, as we have seen that is just a better place to start the installation!
Generally it takes 10-15mins for the Rollup to install
- Reboot Server
- Apply Rollup 1
- Check Event log & all Exchange services have started.
- Reboot Server.
- Check Event log and all make sure that all Exchange services have started.
Note. On Hub servers check all mail queues.
Mailbox SCC Clusters
- Reboot passive node.
- Apply Rollup 1 to passive node
- Reboot passive node
- Move Cluster Resources to Passive Node
- Check all Resources & Exchange Stores are online
- Test mailbox access
- Reboot server once cluster resources have been moved to Passive Node.
- Apply Rollup 1 to active node. (Takes 10-15mins)
- Reboot Node.
- Move Cluster resources back.
- Check all Resources & Exchange Stores are online.
- Test mailbox access.