Need this article the other day.
Two Blackberry servers, one in another country. bbsrptest worked for both, but when we went install Blackberry, bbsrptest failed :-| Now the firewall guys swear they didn’t make any change (yeah right) but we need to get Blackberry working ASAP, while they sorted out why bbsrptest wasn’t working!
John found this and it works a dream. Basically you can route a Blackberry server via another Blackberry server to get out to the RIM on the internet. Nice!
How to move from a local to a remote BlackBerry Router service
On the remote server:
- Select Start > Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREResearch In MotionBlackBerryRouter, then double-click AllowRemoteServices.
- Change the Value data field entry to 1, then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, then restart the BlackBerry Router service.
On the local server:
- Open BlackBerry Server Configuration, then select the BlackBerry Server tab.
- In the Router Host field, type the host name of the new Router service and click Apply then OK.
It is that simple!