Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) is a secure application gateway, to manage, control, and optimize remote access for managed and non-managed endpoints, to corporate applications and resources. Forefront UAG RC0 provides a number of new features, including support for migration from Forefront UAG Beta 2.
- Remote access: Using Forefront UAG you can allow and control access to internal resources and applications from a range of managed and unmanaged client endpoints.
- Application support: Forefront UAG provides broad application support for a wide range of Microsoft and third-party applications. Application optimizers, consisting of predefined settings and values, provide optimum settings for accessing a specific application via Forefront UAG.
- Access control: Forefront UAG provides granular access control, to ensure that only client endpoints complying with corporate health guidelines can access internal applications and resources.
- Authentication: Forefront UAG provides frontend and backend authentication mechanisms. Frontend authentication allows you to pre-authenticate users using a wide range of authentication mechanisms, ensuring that only authenticated traffic reaches published application servers. In addition, Forefront UAG provides a single sign-on experience for authentication to backend applications.
Find more information about Forefront UAG as follows:
- To read the Forefront UAG documentation, visit the Forefront UAG TechCenter library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd861463.aspx)
- To read about up-to-date issues, visit the Forefront UAG Product Team blog (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=156512)
- For Beta 2 support issues, visit the Forefront UAG forum (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=156513)
Forefront UAG RC0 provides a number of new features, including support for migration from Forefront UAG Beta 2. If you want to migrate a Forefront UAG Beta 2 configuration to RC0, ensure that you run the UAG_RC0_4_0981_2.msp file after running Forefront UAG Setup.