Bl00dy Live writer overwrote my notes .. so if anyone has them all please let me know .. here is day 2
#Exchange2010 .. Some links from today
Updates to the Exchange Supportability Matrix: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2009/11/30/453327.aspx
Upgrading ESX 4.0 to 4.0 Update 1 on HP Proliant systems can fail or time out and leave the host in an unusable state if the host has HP Insight Management Agents running
How Are Messages Routed Between Active Directory Sites
- If the message target recipient is within the same Active Directory site, the Hub Transport server delivers the message directly to the Mailbox server where the recipient mailbox resides.
- If the message is targeted to a recipient located in a different Active Directory site, the Hub Transport server sends it directly to a Hub Transport server in the target Active Directory site. This means that the message is not transferred to each Active Directory site along the least-cost routing path as in previous Exchange versions. Instead, Exchange Server selects the target Hub Transport server by using round-robin load-balancing mechanisms. Another Hub Transport server is chosen only if the preferred Hub Transport server is unavailable.
To modify the default message flow, you can:
- Configure hub sites to add additional hops to the message delivery
- Configure Exchange-specific routing costs to override the IP site link costs
- Configure expansion servers for distribution groups