#OCS2007R2 .. Can’t be bothered to change the title, but these notes are from Global Knowledge: 50214A Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2″
So @ home I now have internal IM and web IM working. Need to test conferencing, but that will probably wait until the weekend.
Day 4 starts with the Audio Lab, which I have been waiting for .. essentially configuring an Audiocodes MP-113 with OCS and Exchange ..
My takeaways from today are:
- Had trouble access Response Group Workflows on the FrontEnd Server .. 926642 Error message when you try to access a server locally by using its FQDN or its CNAME alias after you install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1: “Access denied” or “No network provider accepted the given network path” [http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926642?p=1]
- LCSCmd.exe Parameters and Switches: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb905902.aspx
- Response Groups are good. I like the way the workflow moves calls between OCS clients
- Chris showed me this .. if you have enterprise pools, click on the pool and in the main pane you will see a database tab. Have a go at clicking the GO buttons, you get loads of kewl information
- Oh and another I didn’t know. Like Outlook, if you hold down CTRL and right click the Office Communicator Icon in the notification area you get an new option “Configuration Information” … Kewl .. but a daft thing is that it doesn’t come in to focus on top windows
- Interesting: Evangelyze Communications SmartSIP + Microsoft OCS 2007 R2 + X-Lite + Mac = Brilliance [http://jschurman.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A141C123965192F!1378.entry?sa=324592146]
- Deployment Validation Tool (DVT): Creates an Automated Answering Agent (AAA) by Ilse Van Criekinge. http://www.pro-exchange.be/blogs/ocs2007r2/archive/2009/06/04/deploying-deployment-validation-tool-agent.aspx
- Interesting, didn’t know about the TechNet Chopsticks! http://www.microsoft.com/belux/technet/nl/chopsticks/default.aspx