Release Notes: http://docs.blackberry.com/35271
Interesting, hope you off BES 4.1
|Product Name and Version||General Availability||Support End Date||Sales End Date|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0.1 for Microsoft Exchange||Available||15-Nov-2011||15-Nov-2011|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0.0 for Microsoft Exchange||04-May-2009||15-Nov-2011||15-Nov-2011|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.7 for Microsoft Exchange||17-Nov-2009||02-Jul-2011||02-Jul-2010|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.6 for Microsoft Exchange||17-Jul-2008||02-Jul-2011||02-Jul-2010|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.5 for Microsoft Exchange||18-Apr-2008||31-Jan-2009||17-Jul-2008|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.4 for Microsoft Exchange||20-Jun-2007||31-Jan-2009||18-Apr-2008|
General Availability: The software product is available for download on this date.
|Sales End Date||Support End Date|
|Definition||The date the full version of the software is no longer available for sale or download from RIM.||The full support scope of service is diminished and source code maintenance no longer performed.|
|Impact to the T-Support Customer||No longer able to purchase additional full copies of this version. Replacement copies for Disaster Recovery may be available.||Customer with existing contract continues to be supported; all issues are triaged but if the issue reported has been resolved in a current version, customer may be instructed to update the software. Customer may continue to receive hot fixes for Sev 1 and security issues.|
|Impact to the non T-Support Customer||No longer able to purchase additional full copies of this version. Replacement copies for Disaster Recovery may be available.||Maintenance Releases (MRs) are no longer available.|
The issue affects the following software versions:
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 5.0.1 through 5.0.3 MR2 for Microsoft Exchange
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 5.0.1 through 5.0.3 MR2 for IBM Lotus Domino
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 4.1.7 and version 5.0.1 through 5.0.1 MR3 for Novell GroupWise
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express version 5.0.1 through 5.0.3 for Microsoft Exchange
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express version 5.0.2 and 5.0.3 for IBM Lotus Domino
- Note: BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0.3 MR3 and later for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino are not affected.
These vulnerabilities have a Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) score of 10.0 (high severity). See the References section below for the list of issues by CVE issue identifier.
Vulnerabilities exist in components of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that process PNG and TIFF images for rendering on the BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry® Mobile Data System – Connection Service component processes images on web pages that the BlackBerry® Browser requests. The BlackBerry® Messaging Agent component processes images in email messages.
#BlackBerry #Exchange #Exchange2010
After applying MR3 for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 the CPU utilization of the BlackBerrySyncServer.exe process can spike up to 100%.
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 MR3
- DT 1839166
Changes to BlackBerry Synchronization Service throttling cause more slow sync requests to be scheduled than should be scheduled.
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available. Back to top
- Re-install BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 to remove all maintenance releases.
- Install BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 MR2.